This past Monday marked my first month at GitHub. It’s been an amazing experience. Instead of writing a long post, I’m going to try to boil it down to some of the highlights.
- I joined a new team with Jon Hoyt. I’ll be working on business tools for the GitHub business folks starting with solving problems for the amazing finance team.
- There are so many smart, talented, funny, and fun to be around people at GitHub. It’s one hell of a super hero team.
- I’ve attended more baseball games in the last month than in the last 26 years of my life. The Giants are now my west coast team. (I still hold a special place in my heart for the Red Sox though.)
- Everything you hear GitHub speak about is entirely true. One of my biggest questions when interviewing was “what’s the catch”. Thus far, it’s even better than it appears on the outside.
- My programming ability is improving at an incredible velocity. Everyone wants to help you, your code, your application, and your team ship beautiful code. (Emphasis on the ship.)
I’m excited to see where my first year takes me. This is going to be one hell of a year.